Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dear Friends,

I used to have a real "blog" that was periodically updated and infinitely boring, and now I'm finding the urge to start yet another one.  "Blogs" fall into one of two categories: self-consciously vainglorious pursuits (assuming there's a partial audience) or actual money-making/journalistic endeavors.  This most definitely falls into the former.  

I'm not sure if this blog has a focus or a theme, as a lot of personal blogs do, such as "cooking" or "parenting" or "awesome travel photography" or "holistic living/yoga" or  "medicine and health."  This is a just a place where I comment on stuff that happens in my life.  For example, this is my 18 month-old daughter, who does not know how to jump yet, but is valiantly attempting to do so in a bouncy castle:

///
I kind of want to kick that kid who keeps on knocking her down, but I also find it hilarious that she's getting knocked down so much, like that Chumbawamba song.  It was also Valentine's Day, so I also couldn't help thinking, "Oh, baby, don't take it so hard -- boys aren't the end-all-be-all on a day that has far more exciting aspects to it, like candy and chocolate." 

Anyhow, she didn't seem to be hurt from getting smacked around in the bouncy castle, and in fact, loves going there.  So I'm hoping it doesn't count as an inauspicious beginning to my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment